Regardless of what Shakespeare said about the pen being mightier than the sword, we think quite the opposite. The pen is not itself enough to make a successful writer.
So, if you want to get good grades in your upcoming exams, then instead of relying on your mighty pen, we think it is high time that you polish your skills and rely on them instead.
This is why we wrote this blog to make the essay writing process as simple for you as counting to five. So, read below!
Achieve Excellence – Write A First-Class Essay In 4 Steps
Step No. 1 – Understand Your Marking Criteria
Seems pretty straightforward right? But, you will be surprised to know that a lot of students are not well aware of this and thus, tend to neglect this part. If you were doing the same, then this is your cue to stop missing this important step. You should start your essay by determining exactly what your tutor wants to see in your essay. Don’t know what are the requirements of your essay? Well, fret not, it is all written in your course handbook or might be featured as an add-on to your essay question. Find it, and read it carefully.
Even if you want to ask a service provider to “write my essay” you have to understand the marking criteria by yourself first, to instruct your helper. Keep in consideration, that your tutor will require different criteria for different aspects of your essay. These might include technical knowledge, appropriate content, proper referencing, spelling, structure, grammar, presentation, critical analysis, coherence, and much more.
Step No. 2 – Brainstorm And Write
Many students start writing their essays with this step. However, they still ignore the brainstorming part and dive straight into writing. Goodness, gracious! If you want to inch closer to writing the first-class essay you desire so much, then brainstorm your topic, before you put your words in black and white. Below, we have shed some light that will make this step a whole lot easier for you.
- Put Some Thoughts Into Choosing Your Question: Being with it about the marking criteria is without a flicker of doubt, a perfect starting point. However, it is good for nought if you don’t put some thought into choosing a question for your essay.
This sounds very basic, yet it is one of the biggest reasons that many students fail miserably in their essays. Avoid choosing questions, which are too vast, as they might enhance the risks of you steering off-topic. Thus, eventually reducing your chances of a first. Now, that is not what we want, do we? Nuh-uh
- Structure Carefully: Structuring your essay properly will make your work look pretty straightforward and help you present your argument in a logical manner. Make sure to present your points step-by-step to make your tutor understand your argument perfectly. We have given a typical structure of writing an excellent essay below:
- Introduction: Your essay’s introduction must provide some quick background context for your topic, and further state its research questions and aims. So, try to state the cornerstone of your essay in this section if you are aiming for a first. Make sure to keep it short and concise, and don’t provide a lot of detail about your research. Instead, focus on what can be expected from your essay.
- Main Body: After the brief introduction, comes the main body of your essay. It must answer all the questions you posed at the beginning of your essay. This section comprises several paragraphs that will assist in advancing your arguments.
There are no rules of how many paragraphs there must be in your essay but try to ensure that you don’t add too many paragraphs as it might make your assignment lengthy. Each paragraph should start with an introductory sentence that puts your argument or point in a nutshell. By doing so, you will increase your chances of getting a first.
- Conclusion: The conclusion must give a summary of your topic’s key findings. Discuss the implications of your research findings for a vast literature. This will display that you have engaged critically with your subject topic. Moreover, it also demonstrates that you are familiar with how your paper fits within the general research community.
- Frame Your Argument Coherently: When you research your subject topic, you will most likely form an opinion of your own which is based on the available research. Bear in mind to keep your research questions in consideration to tailor your arguments and viewpoints perfectly.
Present one idea at a time in a coherent and structured manner, this will help to build your argument. A 1st class essay instead of being descriptive, is well-focused and critical. So, reflect on the available data by defending it or criticizing it.
Step No. 3 – Don’t Forget To Add References
As you might know, committing plagiarism is a serious academic offence when it narrows down to writing your essays. So, make sure you give the due credit and reference accurately to avoid committing this horrible mistake.
- Quality Of Sources: Make sure that you only add the facts from sources that are reputable and reliable. Do some research of your own. And, once you have the facts straight, use the required citation style, whether it be MLA, Harvard, APA, or any other.
Step No. 4 – Edit And Proofread
Once you are done with the above-given steps, it is time to be done with the last step of writing a first-class essay. And, that is none other than proofreading and editing it wherever necessary. As soon as you are done with your essay, make sure to re-read it to correct any spelling mistakes or grammatical or logical flow errors. Ask your friends or trusted sources to check it for you. You can also seek help from essay writing services to do this work efficiently for you.
- Proper Presentation: If you fail to present your essay in an academic and organized manner, then forget about being rewarded first. Read the instructions for formatting and presentation. Use the required line spacing, font size, as well as the margins to stick to the requirements. And you are all done!
- What are the five 5 steps to write an essay?
The five steps to writing an amazing essay are given below. Make sure to follow them step-by-step to achieve good grades.
- Step 1: Prewrite: Think and decide on your topic.
- Step 2: Research your chosen topic.
- Step 3: Draft your essay.
- Step 4: Revise your draft attentively.
- Step 5: Edit and proofread.
- What is a simple format to write an essay?
A simple format to write an essay comprises 3 main parts i.e.
- Main Body, and,
This basic format will assist you to organize and write your essays. However, one thing is important – Flexibility! So, while you keep this format in your consideration, let your topic guide your writing.
- Do the essays need a conclusion?
Yes, these are the most vital parts of any essay. Even though the conclusion is sometimes treated as a wrap-up of all the bits that did not get the chance to be discussed in the essay body, we think that this section deserves better treatment. It is the last thing that the reader will see, so make sure to make it catchy enough to stick to the reader’s mind.
Summing It All Up
We are sure that by giving the above blog a read, you are well-familiar with the steps to write an amazing essay. Make sure to choose a gripping topic, reference properly, and proofread everything before you submit it for grading. Follow these tips and we assure you that you are going to ace your grades by writing a first-class essay.