In this technological world, networking devices, electronic gadgets, and other updated and innovative tech tools are very helpful and play crucial roles in people’s lives. But, sometimes people face many issues for instance TP-Link extender users encounter an issue with their device’s password or admin settings, and to fix this issue they need to set their device to its factory settings. If you are also sailing onto the same boat and looking for appropriate guidance on how to reset extender, then you have come to the right place. In this post, we will tell you about the two most effective methods to reset the device. So stay stick with the reading.
Note: Remember to back up any important settings or configurations before performing a reset, as it will restore the extender to its factory default settings.
Reset TP-Link Extender via Application
You can reset your extender via the TP-Link app. This is one of the easiest ways to reset the device remotely without doing any manual steps. Below we explain every step you can learn to reset the device:
Note: If you don’t have a TP-Link application on your mobile, then don’t worry below we mentioned how you can download the application.
Download TP-Link App
The very first thing you need to do is download the application on your device. You can do this by launching the application store on your mobile. (Google play store for Android & Apple app store for iOS devices).
- Once the application store is open, search the TP-link app and put it on the downloading.
- After that, install the application successfully into your device.
Open the Application
- After completing the downloading and installation of the application, open it for further processing.
- Make sure your device is connected to the TP-Link extender network.
- Turn off the cellular data.
Log In to the App
- Now you will see the two options “Sign up” and “Login”.
- If you use the app for the first time then tap on the signup button. After that give the asked details and use the default password to log into the device dashboard.
Reset TP-Link Extender
Once you are entering into the dashboard of the extender, you need to follow some sub-steps that are mentioned below:
- Look for the Menu settings.
- Tap on the System > Tools > Reset.
- Now Reset page will open.
- Tap on the Reset button and wait for some time until the device is reset properly.
- Your extender might be rebooting automatically to set the factory settings.
Thus, in this way, you can reset your device via the TP-link app. Now move to the next section to learn how to reset TP-Link extender via the hard reset method.
Reset TP-Link Extender via Hard Reset
Locate the Reset Button
- On your TP-Link extender, you should find a small Reset button. This button is usually recessed and may require a paperclip or a similar tool to press.
Power On the Extender
- Plug in your TP-Link extender and ensure it has power.
Press and Hold the Reset Button
- Use a paperclip or a similar tool to press and hold the Reset button for about 5-10 seconds. You may need to use some force as the button is often recessed.
Release the Button
- After holding the Reset button for the specified time, release it.
Wait for Reset
- The extender will go through a reset process. The indicator lights on the extender may flash or change colors during this process.
Hence, in this way, you can reset your TP-Link extender via App or hard reset. Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to set up the extender again. This involves connecting to the extender’s Wi-Fi network and using a web browser to access its configuration page for initial setup.